Sunday, January 30, 2005

 

Book recommendations

One advice that I always follow is never completely trust recommendations from anybody. Book reviews ...especially by fellow writers can be a good guidance but even so don't take them wholeheartedly...

I'm going to contradict myself here...What I suggest you and anybody who live in Klang Valley do is to go to the BRITISH COUNCIL at Jalan Ampang... go and read weekend editions (Saturday & Sunday papers) especially the GUARDIAN and The TIMES...go read the book sections... These papers have some of the best writings on literary stuff... reading them make you feel ashamed reading our local NST or the STAR...let alone the malay papers...I sometimes go there too...so who knows we all can meet each other there...

I once gave a present to a friend who is just getting married… Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier…a great and beautiful romantic story full of nostalgia written by a great writer with a tragically short life ……but I never get any comment whether he read it or not….since then I’ve never presented anyone with any books….
I generally hate book presents because nine out of ten times you tend to get books that you hate… but I once received a present from someone a really great book by a really great writer…Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter by Mario Vargas Llosa….

Comments:
Yeah what?
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]buy hydrocodone[/url][/b]
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogItemTitle$>