Saturday, November 19, 2005

 

Azahari: The epilogue

And finally, Azahari's remain was laid to rest at the Muslim cemetary Batu 19, Jalan Cincin Melaka, Malaysia at 10.40 pm Thursday 17, November 05. Utusan Malaysia noted that 1000 attended this final rite and that says something about what many people feel about him.

Will this be the end?...will we hear no more about Azahari?...will his legacy and influence lingers on for a while more and gradually peters out to nothingness leaving only sad memories?...or will it grow and snow ball into bigger and more potent resistance to US and western (anti Islam) interests?

Azahari still remins an enigma, and he has big enough a stature to merit serious study and I won't be surprised that there will be books written about him. There will probably be instant superficial and hopelessly inaccurate or skewed books...but I won't be interested in any of these....I'll wait for an objective study and ironically the likely author of this book will come from any one of the very countries he fought so hard against.

Indonesian authorities had allegedly found a large cache of information, writings, video recordings and even love letters of Azahari....and I dearly love to see this be made public...and here is a small excerpt of one of many of his unsent letters to his wife as it appeared in Utusan Malaysia 17 Nov 05.

Ketahuilah sayang, kematian pasti datang. Yang penting, bagaimana cara untuk mati. Mati yang dapat redha Allah atau mati yang dalam kerugian.

Abang melakukan jihad kerana abang takut akan ancaman tuhan jika tidak melakukan jihad ini. Doakan abang mati secara syahid kerana mati syahid ada lah cara yang paling mulia.

Abang sebenarnya khuatir terhadap saudara saudara abang dan saudara saudara kamu juga, yang selalu mementingkan dunia. apabila abang mati syahid akan bererti abang akan membawa 70 keluarga abang ke syurga. Kerana seorang syuhada kalau dia mati maka syurga akan diramaikan 70 anggota keluarganya.

Akhirnya abang meminta maaf atas kesalahan abang kepadamu. Dan abang pun sudah memaafkan semua kesalahan mu. Dan jaga lah anak kita Aishah dan Sabil.

****
(trans)
My love, death surely will come. What is important is how to die. A death that is blessed by Allah or a death that is a loss.

I am doing this jihad because I fear God if I do not obey him. Pray for me to die as a martyr because to die as a martyr is the most blessed of death.

I am actually worried about my kins and also yours, for they are more in love with this world. When I tasted martyrdom this means I will bring 70 of my family to paradise.This is because when one is martyred Paradise will be filled with 70 of his family.


Finally, I would like to seek forgiveness from you for my errors .And I have already forgiven you all your errors. And take care of our children Aishah and Sabil.

*****



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogItemTitle$>