Friday, March 28, 2008

 

paradise (not for me)

it's 1.30 in the morning and it's still as death. it's that time of night when you're prone to thinking all kinds of morbid thoughts and and right now i'm listening to a sad song by madonna paradise(not for me). a 6.23 minutes video mix version which i first downloaded from free napster all those years ago and which you can listen and see the video on youtube here. not too many people know this song but it's one of the best and certainly my favorite madonna's song.

i'm not a big fan of madonna but some of her songs are very catchy. but paradise is much more than that and wikipedia described it thus:-

"Paradise (Not for Me)" was the first track from Music that fans had the opportunity to hear, as it was released internationally in April 2000 on Ahmadzaï's Production. The song combines lush strings, a slow techno beat, and occasional electronic baubles with Madonna's half-sung, half-spoken vocals. She also sings a verse in French. Interpretations of the lyrics vary, many assuming that "Paradise" is directed at her fans, while others believe that it is about her mother.

"Basically, this was a performance video that opens the Geisha section of the show. The song is about suicide so we show Madonna getting ready to enter the " other side"

madonna is one interesting lady and for me particularly on account of this article which described a facet of her life which not too many of her young fans probably know. the article appeared sometimes in early nineties and about one of her houses somewhere in the US (so, could be in architectural digest but i can't recall too well).


There is a frida kahlo's painting in the hall and what i remember is what the article described. Madonna judged her visitors by her observation on their reaction to this painting. this is interesting to me as i love paintings and although i'm not sure which painting was hanging there in her hall perhaps this behaviour is not totally surprising. and frida kahlo somewhat resembled madonna and perhaps she identified with her. i'm too lazy to find out though i probably could. there's a madonna biography somewhere in my library.

and frida's life too was very interesting and the movie frida gave a glimpse of her turbulent life. it's is quite a good film.


Madonna - Paradise(not for me)

I can't remember
When I was young
I can't explain
If it was wrong
My life goes on
But not the same
Into your eyes
My face remains

(I've been so high)
I've been so down
(Up to the skies)
Down to the ground

I was so blind
I could not see
Your paradise
Is not for me

Autour de moi
Je ne vois pas
Qui sont des anges
Surement pas moi
Encore une fois
Je suis cassée
Encore une fois
Je n'y crois pas

All around me
I could not see
Who are the angels
Surely not me
Once more again
I am broken
Once more again
I don't believe it

CHORUS:
I've been so high
I've been so down
Up to the skies
Down to the ground

There is a light
Above my head
Into your eyes
My face remains

CHORUS

I can't remember
When I was young
Into your eyes
My face remains

Into your eyes
My face remains

CHORUS (2x)

Comments:
Hey, that little bonus pix several posts ago - going home to vote ... which one is Uztaz Hadi? Pray tell! I am very fascinated by him.
 
sorry i didn't make myself very clear...that pix was of the last mb IDRIS jusoh...he's the one on the far left with light blue t-shirt.

that was during his matriculation years in Melbourne. He was a good man during those days...
 
I'm impressed by what you've written and would like to get in touch with you.

Could you drop me an e-mail at

ktchye@rocketmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Kee Thuan Chye
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

<$BlogItemTitle$>